Thursday, November 29, 2012

Boozy Berries

Boozy Cranberries covered in sugar and drying out a bit.


I haven’t decorated for the holidays yet, but I’m ready to decorate my drinks with boozy cranberries.

Here’s how I made them:

You’ll need:
1 package cranberries
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
1/3 cup Triple Sec (Grand Marnier or Contreau if you’re rich)
Dusting sugar

Rinse cranberries. Heat sugar and water until just boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in Triple Sec. Stir in cranberries. Let this mixture sit overnight or for at least 8 hours.

Drain the cranberries. I saved the pinkish sugar water to use to use as simple syrup. Place the cranberries on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with the dusting sugar. Dusting sugar is not powdered sugar—it’s a fine sugar that sticks well to the cranberries. My dusting sugar is tinted pink ‘cause I’m fancy like that. Let the covered cranberries dry for at least an hour before putting them in a container. 


1 comment:

  1. Yummy! It's things like this that make it feel more like the holidays down here in Florida. I need to try this. It would make me feel fancy and maybe give me a boozy sugar rush.

    ReplyDelete