Monday, July 27, 2009

Take the Peach Tea Plunge



Back when I posted about My Kind of Arnold Palmer (re-named the Laura Palmer by clever friends), I said that drinking Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka with lemonade was pretty much the only way I'd drink the stuff. 

Well, I was wrong. I stopped by a small town diner for lunch yesterday. I ordered the special peach tea that was "back by popular demand." It's the picture at right in the Coca-Cola glass. Notice how they added an actual peach slice to the tea? I thought that was a nice touch. 

Today an idea started to take shape in my head; I could make this at home, and I could make it into an adult beverage. So tonight I created the Peach Tea Plunge.

I know, I know, the name is not that great, but the drink is incredible. Here's how I did it:
  • Mix up one packet of Crystal Light Peach Tea according to the instructions.
  • Pour four cups of the tea in a pitcher.
  • Add two shots of Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka
  • Add one shot of DeKuyper Peach Schnapps
  • Add ice and frozen peaches
  • Mix it, taste it, and add more of whatever you think it needs.
  • Serve in glass with more ice and frozen peaches.
This is my new go to drink of the summer. I bet you'll like it too. And if you can think of a better name for it, let me know by commenting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment