Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dark and Stormy

It's been hot here. All day I was thinking that as soon as I got home I'd mix up and post about a Moscow Mule, Arnold Palmer, or chilled summery something or other. Then I poked my head over my cube to see a massive dark storm front headed my way. 

I got excited and decided to head home right away. Not because I'm afraid of storms, oh no. It's because I've been waiting for the right time to try a Dark & Stormy, and being the literal person that I am, this was the perfect time.

I made this drink using the dark Myers rum I keep around for making rum cake (future post), and the Australian ginger beer I have around because I like the bottles it comes in. I also added a dash of lime juice. I served it in a Collins glass because that's how it should be served.

This drink is SO GOOD. I'm going to invest in the ingredients to make it the right way. This is the national drink of Bermuda, so making it the "right" way means buying Bermuda's own Gosling's Black Seal Rum. Here's a link to the recipe I used from Esquire magazine. I'm going to mix another drink and take shelter in the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment