Monday, June 1, 2009

Mango Margarita Monday


Monday night we were on our way to Tasty Tacos for some really good fast food when we remembered we always feel kind of sick after eating there. So we stopped at the Mexican Market instead. I bought the stuff to make quesadillas. I also purchased some frozen mango stuff so I could make mango margaritas. 

I was so close to having food made for me, and I now found myself in the kitchen with food to prepare. Here's a tip for you when you find yourself in the same position: Make the drinks first.


Recipe for Mango Margaritas:
  • Two shots of tequila
  • Two shots of Cointreau
  • 4 tablespoons of frozen Minute Maid Limeade
  • 2 cups of something fizzy. I used sparkling mineral water.
  • 1 container frozen Mango stuff (see picture)
  • Some ice
Blend together. Serve in glass rimmed with salt and garnished with a lime wedge. Have the first drink yourself to make sure it's up to your standards, then serve the other to your husband with a smile on your face. Cook dinner at a leisurely pace while sipping drink.

One nice surprise, because I can't read Spanish, I didn't notice the mango stuff had chili pepper in it. Notice the red flecks in the margarita picture and notice the chili pepper that I didn't notice on the mango carton.


1 comment:

  1. Ugh...I wish I would have read this before I had dinner at Tasty Tacos. Mango margaritas sound so much better.

    ReplyDelete